Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ahh, that feels good....

This morning while I was feeding and cleaning, Abbey was hanging around since she had hay in front of her all night and wasn't hungry.  She's had a little bit of discharge from her eyes occasionally.  Nothing worriesome, but I've been just "itching" to rub them.  Even for a flexible foal, the corner of their eye is a pretty tough spot to scratch.  I've noticed most horses appreciate a rub at that spot.  Since Abbey is much more comfortable with my hands on her, I was finally able to do that this morning and she closed her eyes and pushed her head into my hands for a face hug.  Big step for Abbey.  The good thing about a weanling like this is that I get so much gratification from such a small thing.  Later today (if the snow stops) I'll work on the wormer syringe and build on what she's already learned.

1 comment: