Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No Fear Sacking Out

Abbey now stands quietly while I pick up all her feet.  Even though she's not haltered. she's learned not to move off.  I've started desensitizing her to a flapping towel, but not in the traditional "sacking out" sense.  First I rub her all over with the towel folded to just slightly larger than my hand.  Then I unfold it and repeat until finally the towel is flapping on her and on her legs as I rub.  By starting with it small and non-threatening, she never gets worried and and I can actually flap it on her a bit.  I'll be repeating this process with lots of different things always starting where she's not worried and building on that. 
If it doesn't stop raining here, Abbey will be learning to swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment